Subtitle

...previously "Wayne & Julie Bacon's Journey"

Older posts are located at...

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Second Chances


I thought that the stroke gifted me a second chance at life, a life with Wayne, that is. And that's the way I "attacked" it--I aggressively examined, researched, sought out, and attained all that I could to redesign the life and love I had always imagined for us and believed was "right there" for us to grab.
...but, you need two partners actively participating in order to create a healthy marriage, an imagined life, a love with reciprocity. ...not one partner with a vision, who is redesigning and doing all of the legwork while the other partner just needs to abide.I never felt like I was dictating or demanding allegiance or collaboration... at least, I never meant to. I thought I'd have "buy-in". I thought my vision was attractive to each of us as a family.

...but, now I see... I still have my vision. Those were my ideas, desires, and hopes of what a partnership could be. For me.

Those dreams are my truth. And I must live my truth and seek out that truth. Then, "buy-in" from others won't be necessary. I can't persuade or encourage or prove what kind of life that truth would harvest.... that truth must be a shared vision, dream, and hope... shared upon meeting, upon introduction... not a proposition, not a decision.

And that..... that will be my second chance. This... right now... is me living my second chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment