Subtitle

...previously "Wayne & Julie Bacon's Journey"

Older posts are located at...

Monday, April 21, 2008

Coca-Cola always does the trick

Monday, April 21st: from Julie
Wayne and I went for a stroll today while I pushed him in his wheelchair. We took the elevator up to the 9th floor to the ICU Waiting Room where I sat with Morgan and so many family members and great friends during the first week of his recovery. On the way there, we passed a Coca-Cola vending machine and as we passed it, he tried to grab it and pull himself back to it. I backed him up to it and he pushed the buttons and I said, “You’re not swallowing yet. I wish so badly that I could give you a cola to drink, Wayne, but you have to swallow first.”

Morgan is doing really well. She will be 6 weeks tomorrow. Wayne holds her everyday and just looks at her in wonder, as any parent looks at their newborn. He helps me Velcro her diapers, pull up her pants and her socks, and zip up her ‘sleepers’. She is such a good and sweet baby—her patient and mellow demeanor fit into our lives straight away, but now it’s even more of a blessing since her and I are being stretched to our limits to support and help heal her daddy and my best friend and husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment