Subtitle

...previously "Wayne & Julie Bacon's Journey"

Older posts are located at...

Friday, May 27, 2011

Marked Milestone!!!



Julie Bacon is a proud momma, wife, & stroke-wife survivor! Morgan doesn't have school today, I'm @work, & Wayne Bacon is watching Morgan today all by himself... & that in itself is absolutely amazing considering where we were 3 yrs ago, BUT what makes me inexpressibly GIDDY is that when I called to check on them at 11 AM, THEY WERE IN THE BATHROOM AT THE NORTHGATE MOVIE THEATER GOING TO KUNG FU PANDA 2 together!!! I am BEAMING!!!!! :)


and the reason I mention the bathroom is because even that is an awesome achievement or milestone for a dad to take his daughter into a public bathroom. three years ago on May 24th, he was discharged from Harborview... unbelievable.. leaps & bounds, Wayne Bacon! Leaps & Bounds!

2 comments:

  1. Gosh Julie, My husband had built our house for over 2 years, we finally moved in August '08 and his stroke was Feb 6th '09.
    I've read some of your story & will read more but I have to say I wish I could express the trauma like you have, I feel I could write a book. But I get so anxious & overwhelmed.
    The memories that you talk about too, oh gosh I miss them too & find it hard to let go.
    We too were at harborview for months & that was my home w/my bestfriend who was fighting so hard for his life. Not to mention the rehab facilities after & re-trips back to harborview.
    You give me strengh, I too have 3 kids (just one now that still lives at home shes 19 w/a baby, I became a g'ma 4 months ago.
    But the whole family has suffered and we've all had to sacrifice but at the end of the day my husband is worth all that & more.
    I admire you & will be reading more of your journey. Thank you! Take care.. I'll be in touch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our story is at caringbridge.com the one you get at harborview

    ReplyDelete