Subtitle

...previously "Wayne & Julie Bacon's Journey"

Older posts are located at...

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rest Up

My dad, Morgan, and I went by on Saturday for an hour to say "hi". At first Morgan didn't want to get out of the car--"I don't want to see Wayne" she'd whine, over and over again. Then, when I enticed her with a walk with just her and me and that she didn't have to go into his room, she agreed to unbuckle and get out of the car. As we were walking into Harborview, Morgan was skipping and saying, "Which way to Wayne's room? I can't wait to see daddy." And then, she laid on his bed with him, watched Scooby-Doo, and we couldn't get her to leave him. She wanted to just stay with him and told me that I could come back later and get her.

None of us visited today. My dad and I got a lot done around the house, but it also just felt good to not have to be in-charge or care for Wayne for one day since he'd be back on my plate in a day or two. The doctor and therapists estimated that Wayne would be discharged to my care tomorrow. I called Wayne and talked to him on his hospital room's phone--I told him I just needed a day of being home, and that I thought he could just relax and sleep and heal as much as he could before coming home to a 4-year-old daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment