Subtitle

...previously "Wayne & Julie Bacon's Journey"

Older posts are located at...

Friday, March 6, 2009

UPDATE #2: Cranioplasty is scheduled: March 6th

Date: Friday, March 6, 2009, 4:12 PM
Update: I went back to see Wayne at about 1 PM in the Recovery Room area and he was groggy from the anesthesia but looked really good. He was extubated (breathing tube out of his throat) and I'll say it again... he was looking really great!

The original plan communicated by the surgeon was to have him moved to an ICU floor for 'close watching' until tomorrow (Saturday) morning. At that time the plan was to move him to an acute care floor, where patients move when they are more stable.

So, what actually happened was, while I was in the Recovery Room talking to the nurse, he said that Wayne was moving to the 6th floor in the Norm Maleng building which in an acute care floor. I said, "Really? They said he'd go to ICU." And the nurse confirmed that he was doing so well that he was being moved straight to the acute care floor. YAY!!!

I have gone in to see him twice at 2:00 and at 3:00 and he is just looking so great! Three friends have also seen him now and they are AMAZED! They said they couldn't believe how great he looked.

I'll send another update when I can. Morgan is napping right now, so "all is good". ;)

Sincerely,
Julie Bacon

No comments:

Post a Comment